Search for links
• On the page “Search for Links” (Search Form) you can find all the websites about fortifications registered in the fortalezas.org Website.
• The websites listed can be related to the fortifications or have information about one or more fortifications. They can still be related to historical characters that had relation with fortification’s history.
• Click on the Search button to list all the registered links in database. It is located below the search form.
• For restrictive searches, you can use the available inquiries search: Title and key-words. These inquiries can be used individually or being arranged.
• To look for the Link Title, type a word or a sequence of words which correspond to the searched Title. Then click on the Search button. For example: to search for the title “Instituto do Patrimônio Histórico e Artístico Nacional - IPHAN” (National Institute of Historical and Artistic Patrimony), type one of these words of the title. You can also search for sequential words of the title, like: Instituto do Patrimônio (Patrimony Institute) or Patrimônio Histórico (Historical Patrimony). However, the system will not find the example above if you type the words of the title isolated, side by side, or out of the sequential order, like: Instituto Patrimônio (Institute Patrimony) or Histórico Patrimônio (Patrimony Historical) etc.
• You can also search for key-words, typing in the corresponding field one or more words, sequential or not, pertaining to the summary of the link (website). If two or more words will be typed, the result of the research will show links that contain EITHER one of the typed words and not necessarily those that contains ALL the typed words.
• In the research using the combination of more than one of the available questions of search, the gotten results will be those that attempt jointly to all the predefined questions and never only to one or another one separately.
• In case of doubts on which questions of search you must use, make a ampler research first and, later, return to the form search page and refine the definite questions previously, restricting the gotten results.
• Notice that the inquiries defined in the last search are still there every time you go back to the Search page (search form). You can change it in order to refine the previous results page or click on Reset button to delete all the inquiries previously defined and do a new search.
• The users who are connected to fortalezas.org Website (logged in the restrict edition area), can also do a new search with two other inquiries which are located at the top of the page. In this case, you can still search for “Just in my registers”, that is, only searching for those links registered by that user or you can search for the inquiry “Waiting for approval”, that is, only searching for those links registered by that user but still not approved by the Website Administrator.